[mlpack] Willing to Join mlpack

Ryan Curtin gth671b at mail.gatech.edu
Sun Aug 18 15:16:15 EDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 12:18:59AM +0530, Priyank Bhatt wrote:
> I want to work for mlpack . I'm a third year undergraduate Student , I have
> done my elimentary course on machine learning algorithm . I am also
> familiar with C/C++ and some what of Python .
> Please suggest what all do I need to learn or read so as to start
> contributing to the open source community of mlpack. As an amateur and as
> per your free slots what project form the idea's page should I work on ?

Hello Priyank,

I am sorry for the slow reply.  Many of the projects listed on the Ideas
Page for Summer of Code [1] are still open, but we already have people
working on automatic bindings, automatic benchmarks, and collaborative
filtering.  Unfortunately, the automatic bindings project supersedes the
Python, R, and MATLAB bindings, so upon its completion, individual
language bindings should become unnecessary.

You can consult the mailing list archive [2] for many other comments on
project ideas and there should be links to documentation there.

Another place to look for things to do is the list of open tickets [3].
You may be able to find a ticket that interests you, and if you do, I
can probably provide further guidance towards that.  Until then, it's a
bit difficult to answer "what can I do?" until I know what you are
interested in doing.  :)

Thank you for getting in touch.  :)

Ryan

[1] http://www.mlpack.org/trac/wiki/SummerOfCodeIdeas