[mlpack] allknn, counting the number of pruned nodes

Mike Izbicki mike at izbicki.me
Tue Aug 13 16:40:20 EDT 2013

I've been playing around with the allknn utility, which is quite nice.
What I would like is a way to output the total number of nodes in the tree
that were pruned during the find nearest neighbors traversal.

Is this number easy to get somewhere?  I'm willing to modify the C++ code,
but I don't see this number in the documentation.

My purpose in doing this is twofold.  First, this seems like a good measure
of the quality of the kd-tree.  Second, I'm implementing a variant of
kd-trees, and would like to compare my implementation to yours.

- Mike Izbicki