[mlpack] Applying for GSoC-2013

Ryan Curtin gth671b at mail.gatech.edu
Mon Apr 22 14:39:43 EDT 2013

On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 04:08:03PM +0530, Jay Guru Panda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am interested in applying for GSoC-2013 projects for MLPACK. I have
> a fair background with machine learning and would like to contribute
> in terms of algorithm development, but also open to other ideas.
> Please help me move forward in this direction.

Hello Jay,

mlpack is interested in implementing fast, scalable machine learning
algorithms.  We are always willing to accept good implementation of new
algorithms, but I can't effectively guide you to what algorithms might
be interesting -- that's up to you.  Why not take a look through recent
proceedings of ICML and NIPS or recent JMLR articles and find something
that looks interesting?

Another thought is that our implementation of the Pelleg-Moore k-means
algorithm needs to be redone:

http://repository.cmu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1265&context=robotics

Hopefully this is helpful.  :)

Ryan Curtin       | "Hi Doggy."