[mlpack] A problem with compiling mlpack for Mac OS

Ryan Curtin gth671b at mail.gatech.edu
Fri Apr 19 11:47:04 EDT 2013

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 05:47:51PM +0400, Артем Мягков wrote:
> Hello, I have had a problem with compiling mlpack for Mac OS. An error
> "default arguments cannot be added to a function template that has already
> been declared" occurs.
>
> I thought it because of a clang compiler used here. But I think there is a
> bug (misprint I suppose) in the official release source code. There the
> default arguments for template functions in PrefixedOutStream class are
> declared in implementation file and not in the header. I've checked it in
> the trunk version and it is ok there.

Hello Artem,

It is true that that is a known bug in mlpack 1.0.4.  It is fixed in
trunk and will be fixed in mlpack 1.0.5, when that gets released
(hopefully in the next week or two; there are still some things to clean
up).

In the mean time, you can use trunk.

If you have other problems on OS X, please feel free to let us know.
Our testing infrastructure for OS X is rather ad hoc and isn't robust...

Ryan Curtin       | "I was misinformed."
ryan at igglybob.com |   - Rick Blaine