[mlpack] Dual Tree Traversal Project

Ryan Curtin gth671b at mail.gatech.edu
Wed Apr 17 12:25:57 EDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 10:23:07PM +0200, Martin Boyanov wrote:
> Dear mlpack community,
> my name is Martin Boyanov and I'm a student in the University of Edinburgh.
> I'm interested in the Dual Tree Traversal Optimization project.
> I have already downloaded and compiled the source code and I have worked
> through some of the tutorials to familiarize myself with the software. I
> also took a look at the dual tree traversers.
> Can you give me any useful links that deal with dual tree
> traversals?Especially if they are in the context of machine learning.

Take a look at these two threads:

https://mailman.cc.gatech.edu/pipermail/mlpack/2013-April/000010.html
https://mailman.cc.gatech.edu/pipermail/mlpack/2013-April/000021.html

Also, take a look at this paper on arXiv to understand how mlpack
dual-tree algorithms work (I would have linked to this in other threads,
but the paper was not there yet):

http://arxiv.org/abs/1304.4327

Let me know if there are more specific questions I can answer.

Ryan Curtin       | "The mighty hand of vengeance, sent down to strike
ryan at igglybob.com | the unroadworthy!"  - The Nightrider