[mlpack] Fwd: Degenerate cases and other GMM problems

John Demme jdd at cs.columbia.edu
Fri Apr 12 15:07:04 EDT 2013

Hi Ryan,

Thanks a ton for looking into this. I owe you a beer or 6! Especially
thanks for looking into it quickly -- I'm using mlpack to try and do
additional analysis for a camera ready version of a paper due Wednesday.

As you might imagine I'm using mlpack API in a much larger, slower system.
I'm running a bunch of GMMs now with a larger data set. I'll get back to
you on whether or not this patch fixes all my issues. Might not know for a
day or so. (As an aside, the full data set will likely become public in the
near future if anyone here has any interest in using it.)

~John