[mlpack] Hello from a student

Rishi Mukherjee thethunder666 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 02:55:30 EDT 2013

Hello,

I am an undergraduate student of Computer Science Engineering from India. I
went through the list of ideas of mlpack and found 2 of the ideas very
interesting. The first one is "python and r bindings for mlpack". I have
been programming since the last 2.5 years with python. Also, I was a
speaker at PyCon India 2012. I am interested in algorithms and machine
learning and I think while implementing this project I will learn
state-of-art machine learning algorithms.

The second project I am interested in is "Collaborative filtering package".
I have always wanted to know how websites suggest items to customers.
Implementing a package for this will be a great source of learning about
them, after that I may use it to write an example application using one of
the available web frameworks.

Please suggest me how a machine learning beginner like me can start
contributing  to mlpack.

Thank you,
Rishi Mukherjee