This week i mostly tried completing ssRBM and GAN PR's. Majority of the time was spend in making both the codes work on the test dataset. We finally managed to do so. With ssRBM Pr we were running into the errors of memory mangament due to me allocating around ~30gb of memory for the parameters. Since i was declaring all the parameters to be of full matricies. But i managed to reduce this to just vectors. The problem left withh ssRBM still is the training part we getting a accuracy of around 12% for the mnist data set that we used in the binary rbm. We are working on fixing the test.
This week i also managed to finish the GAN implmenetation the code on work on the test data but is givin near random images even for say 1000 iterations of alternating sgd(with the discriminator being trained for 3000(3 * 1000) iterations) and generator being trained for 1000 iterations(the generator and discriminator being used here are just simple ffn). The GAN PR also requires review for me to fully undertand where i am gouing wrong. I want to thank Konstantin here also since i was using the CrossEntropy Code that he wrote for the GAN's. I am also not sure how to test GAN. Write now i am just trying to see if it can generate real quality images.
Next Week: I would mostly be working on fixing both the GAN' and ssRBM test. Also i would write serialisation for GAN's next week. I hoping within 10 days both PR's would be mergable.more...